In the Face of Pain® Launches New Facebook Community for Pain Management Advocates;
STAMFORD, Conn., July 14, 2010 – Today In the Face of Pain® launches a new Facebook page at Facebook.com/Inthefaceofpain to assist those advocating for the rights of people in pain.
In the Face of Pain followers will have access to:
- Key pain statistics, including information on painful diseases/conditions and specific patient populations;
- Instructional videos on how to use social media to support advocacy efforts;
- Resource Guide for People with Pain;
- Opportunities to connect with pain advocates worldwide;
- Tips and inspirational messages from leading patient advocates;
- Pain advocacy e-newsletter providing in depth information for advocacy efforts;
- Alerts when new information is released.
“The In the Face of Pain® Facebook page is designed to help advocates engage and share ideas with one another on a wide range of pain management issues,” said Pamela Bennett, RN, BSN, executive director of Healthcare Alliance Development at Purdue. “The tools provided will help advance our shared effort to increase awareness of the rights and needs of people in pain.”
In the Face of Pain is an interactive website, offered by Purdue, which aims to empower healthcare professionals, people with pain, caregivers or concerned individuals to create tailored advocacy plans and provide information on many types of pain-related issues.
Purdue Pharma L.P. is a privately-held pharmaceutical company known for pioneering research on persistent pain. Headquartered in Stamford, CT, Purdue is engaged in the research, development, production, and distribution of both prescription and over-the-counter medicines and hospital products. Additional information about Purdue Pharma can be found at www.purduepharma.com.
# # #